Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's only castles burning. Just find someone who's turning and you will come around


I've been reviewing my Y & Z bands and need to add a few things.

Honorable mention goes out to Warren Zevon. He was a very interesting character and wrote some great songs.

In the Y category, I'm not sure how I overlooked Neil Young. If you have ever enjoyed any of his work, I implore you to see "Heart of Gold". My wife, who was never much of a fan, "got it" after seeing this film. Neil touched us both and I don't ever remember welling up watching any other concert movie. So I have two Y choices...

Now for X. There are not many choices here. My choice is the band X. Their song "Los Angeles" is included in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's list of 500 songs that influenced Rock and Roll. This band was as influential on the west coast punk scene as the Ramones were to the east coast scene. If you like punk at all, you really need to give X a try.

No comments: