Friday, March 02, 2007

Creating my first original meme


Music, music, music...

1. What was the first record or cd that you owned?
She Love's You by the Beatles. I remember the 45 with a black Swan label. (A 45 is not a pistol)

2. What was the worst concert you ever saw?
Stevie Wonder. The production was so poor I did not hear one song I could recognize. I don't think I was 15 rows from the stage.

3. What cd or album in your collection are you embarrassed to say is there?
Uriah Heep - Demons and Wizards. I can't believe I liked this in college. Can you say stoned? They had to be...lol

4. What was the last song that gave you goose bumps?
The Luckiest - Ben Folds. The guy writes some great stories.

5. If you could sit in with one musician or band, who would that be?
This could be a huge list for me. Living - Eric Clapton Gone - SRV. My guitar lust comes out.

6. What's the best place you've ever seen a concert?
The finest acoustics were at the Civic Opera House in Chicago. I saw Paul Simon when he was on the Graceland tour. It was a fabulous show. The auditorium theater in Chicago is also a great venue.

7. The worst?
What used to be the Tweeter Center...now the Some bank name music theater. The place must have been planned and designed by Pablo Picasso. Nothing is in the right place, acoustics suck, traffic is hell. I will only go back there if Jimi Hendrix and John Lennon are on the bill.

8. Did your Dad have a love for music? How about your Mom?
My dad liked opera. Of my music he only said, "turn that shit off". Sorry dad but I do understand. If I could have I would have said the same thing about opera. My Mom liked pop music so she was a bit more accommodating about getting us a hi-fi and buying records.

9. DRM stands for __________________ .
Dimwits ruining music

10. What singer's pipes blow you away?
Linda Ronstadt has some powerful pipes. Aaron Neville has alien pipes. Neil Young has no pipes (but I love his work).

I look forward to your answers...give it a go...

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

Oh, this is great! Love it! (but, wonderboy, a .45 is a gun, I have one. I do remember the other kind though)

Here are my answers:

1. Bridge Over Troubled Waters by Simon and Gfunkle

2. George Michael. In the 80's I went with a friend who liked him and I SWEAR all I could hear all night was women screaming. It was pathetic. (this was before he was known for his recent activities...)

3. The Monkees Greatest Hits

4. "Still You Turn Me On" love the lyrics, adore Greg's voice...can get lost in that song....

5. Living - U2, Gone - Jim Morrison (my lust comes out too)

6. The LA Forum for sure. Its old so it was built for comfort, has great acoustics and you can see the Laker's Jerseys hanging on the walls.

7. Springsteen at Dodger Stadium - He was great of course but it was such a crappy venue - I could not SEE.

8. I am proud to say that I inherited my musical taste from my dad. We discovered The Beatles together, I was only 4 at the time. I miss my daddy. My mom...who knows, we don't get along.

9. DRM = Danceable Romantic Music

10. GREG LAKE (that's why I got the goosebumps!) Female - Hmmm, I love Chrissie Hynde's voice, but Ann Wilson has a great range.

Wonder Boy said...

Layla, I went to listen to "Still You turn Me On". Great song. Excellent choice.