Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Another meme

I saw this on my friend Barb's blog...

1. My uncle once
gave me a great summer job working construction when I needed it most.

2. Never in my life have I used a blow dryer on my hair.

3. When I was five my parents were not equipped to be parents.

4. High school was a time in which I made a lot of new friends. Unfortunately, not many of them are in my life to any extent.

5. I will never forget to try to tell my loved ones I love them.

6. Once I met Count Basie at a sporting goods store in downtown Chicago. The elevator opened and there was the count. Very cool for me.

7. There’s this boy I know who can't seem to get out of his own way.

8. Once, at a bar, I realized it was time to go when the floor was covered in broken beer bottles.

9. By noon, I’m starving.

10. Last night I took my exhausted wife out to dinner.

11. If only I had a little more hair.

12. Next time I go to church will be for a wedding.

13. What worries me most is how poorly we humans treat each other.

14. When I turn my head left the blank wall of my office. (I wonder what happened to my wall calendar?)

15. When I turn my head right a bookcase filled with clutter.

16. You know I’m lying when I tell you I love politics

17. What I miss most about the Eighties is the age I was then

18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be Faust?

19. By this time next year I will be a year closer to not working anymore.

20. A better name for me would be No idea on this one

21. I have a hard time understanding why people are intent on killing each other in the name of God and Country.

22. If I ever go back to school, it will be for a reunion

23. You know I like you if I don't throw a rock at you and I haven't thrown rocks since I was a kid.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be my dad. His guidance is the only thing that kept me sane.

25. Take my advice, never forget that "it's whatever it is you see that life will become." (Thanks Jackson)

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

This was fun to read! Wow, wonder what you looked like with hair! I rarely use a blow dryer either its my secret to healthy hair.

I love your answer to 21.