Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I'm still standin'


Wow...I haven't posted in over a month...I have thought about it from time to time but I just haven't been up to hitting the keyboard. I have something brewing at work and it is sapping my energy and eating up my attention. It's all good but it does soak up my dwindling brain power.

Just a few quick notes...

I love Rock Band. I am progressing on the guitar and drums...next I will move on to vocals. Fun game. It doesn't seem like you're "wasting" time when you are listening to music. It also introduced me to some music I might never have listened to. I think we will have a family rock concert on Easter! Sharpen up your skills out there.

This democratic presidential race has been very entertaining. Hillary getting desperate and Barack just pointing out her desperation. The republicans don't want any part of Obama. They are ready to "beat" Hill and Bill. I wonder how many republicans voted for Hillary in TX and OH. I think the numbers would be very surprising. I can't wait to see what happens with this one. This morning both democratic candidates claimed that they were "leading". Sure.

Global warming - theory
Unholy dependence on oil - reality
Maybe if we attend to the reality we will have the luxury of working on the theory. This country must pull the "oil needle" from its veins or we will continue to have little control of our economy (unless you like where our economy is heading). We will continue to be forced to butt into politics in the Middle East so that we can have some assurance that we get our "fix". This crisis spans the economy, foreign policy and the environment. Instead of fighting a symptom (the war in Iraq?) with billions of dollars, we probably would be better served fighting the disease with that $$$. This is not an option. We either solve it or...well...I hate to think of what will happen if we don't.

I was really sorry to hear about the death of Jeff Healey. One of the good guys...

Winter has overstayed its welcome.

The Robin used to be the first sign of spring. I think its the beginning of baseball spring training. Well, its here and it's spring somewhere.

1 comment:

manogirl said...

Family rock concert? I'm IN! And I totally want to see you rock out on drums.