Thursday, May 03, 2007

Home at last


Well I am back in the good old USA. It is really nice to be home again. I am not going to complain a lot about being in Italy for about 3 of the last 6 weeks but it is harder than it might seem. The 7 hour time difference is tough to recover from.


My trusty iPod served me well on the flights to and fro...I don't think I could have made it without the music.


I will post a few stories from my travels in the coming weeks but I am a little brain dead right now. Well...a little more than usual anyway.


Two musical moments from the trip...I went in to get a piece of pizza in a little slice shop in Siena and the sweet sound of Grand Funk Railroad was coming from the ceiling...the song was Inside Looking Out. The pizza was good; the song; food for the soul.


We were walking through a piazza in Florence when I spotted a very ratty looking dude...obviously homeless. Coming out of his clump of belongings was the sound of Led Zeppelin. Nothing like a little Whole Lotta Love to help you connect with an Italian street person. It sounded really good to me.


I missed you all and I missed being in the US. As wonderful as Italy is, there is no place like home...

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

Sounds like a good trip, but yeah, its always nice to be home sweet home.

Two good music moments :)

Glad you're back!