Friday, February 23, 2007

Stomping out the Demon


I am on my way to being an ex-smoker. I am ready this time. I need to do it for my health and happiness. If I am not healthy, I won't be happy. Cigarettes are not a health supplement last time I checked.

The info below is provided by the program I am using to help with the quit.

"You've been Quit 2 days. $5.25 and 5 hours of your life saved!"

I am having a hard time getting excited about "I" bands. I know quite a few but none really have changed the face of music for me. Incubus? Billy Idol? Indigo Girls? Isley Brothers? Ink Spots? Iron Maiden? Iggy Pop?

Probably the closest thing to a difference maker in classic rock is Iron Butterfly.
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida baby! It never was one of my favorites but it does have a place in my musical past.

A newer "I" band that I enjoy is the native American blues band, Indigenous. I saw them open for Dave Matthews once and enjoyed the set. Excellent rocking blues.
The group is comprised of two brothers, Mato Nanji, guitar and vocals , Pte, bass guitar, their sister, Wanbdi , drums and vocals and their cousin, Horse, percussion. Mato Nanji's playing is reminiscent of SRV...that's high praise.

Any more I's that deserve mention?

3 comments:

manogirl said...

My choice is definitely the Indigo Girls. I've been a fan for over 10 years--since I was a freshman in high school--and have been to see them at least six times. I have to admit that I am getting bored of them, though. Not the albums, but live. And I'm not really sure why.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for quitting smoking, been there, done that...its not easy. I hate to admit that after not smoking for 14 years I now smoke one Sherman a day, sometimes 2. I don't know how bad it is for me.

I bands are not an easy one.

Wonder Boy said...

As long as you only smoke 1 or 2 a day it can't be that bad for you. I would think there are days when smoking a couple might be better for you than breathing the air outside.