Friday, February 23, 2007

Stomping out the Demon


I am on my way to being an ex-smoker. I am ready this time. I need to do it for my health and happiness. If I am not healthy, I won't be happy. Cigarettes are not a health supplement last time I checked.

The info below is provided by the program I am using to help with the quit.

"You've been Quit 2 days. $5.25 and 5 hours of your life saved!"

I am having a hard time getting excited about "I" bands. I know quite a few but none really have changed the face of music for me. Incubus? Billy Idol? Indigo Girls? Isley Brothers? Ink Spots? Iron Maiden? Iggy Pop?

Probably the closest thing to a difference maker in classic rock is Iron Butterfly.
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida baby! It never was one of my favorites but it does have a place in my musical past.

A newer "I" band that I enjoy is the native American blues band, Indigenous. I saw them open for Dave Matthews once and enjoyed the set. Excellent rocking blues.
The group is comprised of two brothers, Mato Nanji, guitar and vocals , Pte, bass guitar, their sister, Wanbdi , drums and vocals and their cousin, Horse, percussion. Mato Nanji's playing is reminiscent of SRV...that's high praise.

Any more I's that deserve mention?

3 comments:

manogirl said...

My choice is definitely the Indigo Girls. I've been a fan for over 10 years--since I was a freshman in high school--and have been to see them at least six times. I have to admit that I am getting bored of them, though. Not the albums, but live. And I'm not really sure why.

BarBarA (aka Layla) said...

Good for you for quitting smoking, been there, done that...its not easy. I hate to admit that after not smoking for 14 years I now smoke one Sherman a day, sometimes 2. I don't know how bad it is for me.

I bands are not an easy one.

Wonder Boy said...

As long as you only smoke 1 or 2 a day it can't be that bad for you. I would think there are days when smoking a couple might be better for you than breathing the air outside.