Friday, February 20, 2009

My "economy" post or people suck

Something happened today with some of my former employees that makes me want to take back everything I said in my last post. Not really. That post is a theory and probably has as little application in the real world as the economic theories that led us to the mess we're in today.

Let me say this though...people really can suck sometimes. People can do things to make you travel to places you don't want to go. OK, longtime employees you made things complicated. You "thanked" me and "appreciated" me while doing me at the same time. Just screw me...don't patronize me. You insult my intelligence. I respect your right to do what you feel is right for you but I don't have to agree with you or deny that you cut me deeply. My former colleagues I am sorry and certain you made a mistake on many levels.

I'll get over it but it is no wonder families are splintered, religions blow each other up and there is so much other discord in this world. These folks were like family. Cancel Christmas.

Follow up ... Okay so maybe I was a little emotional when I wrote this. I don't apologize for letting my feelings out even if they are clouded by the heat of the moment. Suffice it to say that things were not as they seemed. Everything has calmed down and regular uninterrupted sleep has returned. I'm sorry for letting my emotions boil over but I thought that my blog was a great place to vent and work my way back to dealing with the problem that arose in a calm professional manner. I did get there. Christmas is back on.

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

This is very disturbing to read. Some people do suck. I hope they feel like crap for whatever they did.

Bar L. said...

PS Happy Birthday!

Bar L. said...

PSS (I know you don't write often but I gave you a blog award because you just fit the description so well)