Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things I have done (the sequel)

In addition to the things in the previous post there are some things that I've done that I wanted to mention. Sometimes I can't believe I did some of these things...

1. Was part of the Olympic games...I ran in the Olympic torch relay for the 1984 LA Olympics. Anyone who has seen me knows that I am build more like a fireplug than a runner. It was a very cool experience and has connected me to the Olympics forever.

2. Met Count Basie...in a sporting goods store! I was floored when he walked out of the elevator by himself. He was quite old at the time and I have always wondered what he was doing there. A new tennis racket? A new pair of running shoes? No clue. The sporting goods store was in Chicago and it was called Morrie Mages which was some 7 or 8 stories and boasted that it was the largest in the world.

3. Bought some men's cologne from a princess...in Monte Carlo. Princess Stephanie had a store at the time and we went in out of curiosity. She was working the register! I just had to buy something so I could "interact" with royalty. I still have the cologne. She was absolutely stunning.

4. Started a successful business when I was 35 years old...part guts...part insanity. I am so fortunate that this worked out. It provided me with some financial security and I did it "My Way".

5. Got married in Vegas...yes there was an Elvis involved but no Brittany. It was an absolute gas. Short, sweet and incredible....

I may think of some more but these came to mind and I thought I would right them down...

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

I loved the '84 Olympics!!! Maybe I saw you...where did you run? They had the bike races right here where I live, literally around the corner from my house so it was a blast to stand there and watch.

Is a fireplug the same as a fire hydrant?

David Amulet said...

The Olympic event is awesome--congrats. Too bad you couldn't bring the princess back here for the rest of us to see....