Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I Saw Brain Damage

I went with my daughters, nephew and my honey to see the Dave Matthews Band at Alpine Valley last Saturday. My quick concert review...Dave and his band are good at it. Excellent.

Now what the hell else was going on there was eye opening. We spent 2 hours of our precious time on the way into the venue on a highway route that should take 30 minutes or so in normal concert traffic. Traffic had gotten totally screwed up by an earlier thunderstorm I guess. There were kids, I'm guessing from ages 16 to 25, hanging out of cars, riding on the roofs of cars, puking out of car windows, urinating at will by the side of the road, drinking beer in cars, drinking vodka in cars, walking along the highway drinking (did I say chugging?)from rum bottles, vodka bottles and various other liquor bottles. Freaked me out a bit I must say. I was driving sober amongst this unruly hoarde and I was afraid for me and afraid for them. Passed out kids, kids crawling in mud, one bright bulb that would not clear the road so I could leave the concert. She even stopped walking so I had to stop my car. And then she turns and says "don't hit me bitch". Well, I wouldn't have even fantasized about making a pancake out of you "bitch" if you weren't walking down the middle of the freakin road. Get your fat drunken punk ass out of the road and you won't have any problems. Either that or get the syrup ready.

Concerts can be really a nice experience. These out of control kids don't really know anything about that. It's all about "Look at me...I can drink too much alcohol." It's not a skill people, any moron can do it. It was a moron festival. Ugly.

I guess I have always gone to shows for the show...there were kids that overdid it when I was a kid too. I didn't understand it any better then. I guess I love music, I love the experience.

Why would you buy an expensive ticket to a concert and then render yourself unconscious before the show even starts? No explanation will make sense. It is just simply brain damage.

No comments: