Monday, January 03, 2005

It's Bin a While. Could you pass me that remote?

Betcha thought this was gonna be about that infamous barbarian Osama Bin Laden. Well it kinda is...

Why do we humans continue to act like barbarians? "It's fun?" No, it's really a pain in the ass that barbarians still exist. I was thinking that greed was the main reason (no Gordo, greed is not good) and it does play a part along with other "deadly" sins but the real reason is truly befuddling. I think it comes down to "if you are not like me and do not believe in the things I do, you are different and should be dead and I will make you that way". "Excuse me, could you say that again?" Think about it...

Well, its a good thing we Americans are not guilty of that. "Of course we're not! We are so frickin righteous!" OK righteous face, then explain these to me in a thousand words or less...racism in this country and what about the "christian" barbarians that blow up abortion clinics? There are too many other examples of our "righteousness" to list here but you get get the point. We, like some other civilizations, are just better at hiding it; at thinking we are not barbarians...we try to civilize our barbaric tendencies for the most part. This is progress! Really slow progress...and it doesnt make it right. Not allowing same sex marriage is an example of our miniscule progress! How's that for positive spin on an embarrassing chapter of our current history? "At least nobody has proposed that proponents and participants be burned at the stake." I wouldn't be too sure of that. We have our share of idiots here. No, it's clear to me that exclusion and public humiliation are just a couple of examples of our "civilized" types of barbarism. Wrong is still wrong...

Where is the fast forward button on the progress remote when you need it?

No comments: