Thursday, December 14, 2006


My computer at work croaked yesterday. It was a very bad start to my day. I hope all the backup precautions I took allow me to recover some of the things I would hate to lose. I am still not fully operational but I'll get there. Crashing computers are one of my least favorite things in the world. I guess that goes to how important they have become in my life. That's a pretty nice picture of me over there...

I saw this on my daughter K's blog and thought it would be a good excuse to change the subject. So here goes the holiday meme...

  1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Egg Nog is wrong. Thick rich icky. I get a little queasy thinking about it.
  2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped. I figure Santa has stock in a paper company somewhere.
  3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like color.
  4. Do you hang mistletoe? We don't have any but I did mention to M that we should do it prior to our party. We never did.
  5. When do you put your decorations up? We put them up before Thanksgiving this year because of our schedule. The outdoor decorations went up quickly during a little spell of nice weather.
  6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey. I don't eat turkey as often as I would like.
  7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Spending Christmas Eves at my grandparents. The food was always good and my grandpa always got a drunken Santa to show up.
  8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not sure but this was almost as devastating as finding out that Superman didn't exist.
  9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? If I get the opportunity, yes.
  10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Santa needs to lay off the cookies.
  11. Snow! Love it or dread it? It's beautiful but I really hate it.I did a short but not sweet post on this subject a short while ago.
  12. Can you ice skate? Yes. I used to love to skate. One of my high school jobs was working for the park district at one of the outdoor ice rinks. I played a lot of hockey while working that job. I had the kids trained to keep an eye out for the park district van. When it was coming I would drop my hockey gloves and stick and skate over to the non hockey rink.
  13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The best was a new bike I got when I was about 10.
  14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Helping the less fortunate. I'm trying to be better at this every year. I also love the chance to spend time with the kids.
  15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Really good pumpkin pie.
  16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Playing cash station
  17. What tops your tree? A star
  18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Gifts are fun to get but giving is much more rewarding
  19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? When I was a kid it was Angels We Have Heard On High. I liked singing it. Now its anything from A Charlie Brown Christmas by the Vince Guaraldi Trio
  20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum! Yum.

No comments: