Monday, April 03, 2006

Memory Meme

1. Who was your first prom date? My high school sweetheart who I eventually married.
2. Who was your first roommate(s)? It was a socially maladjusted guy that was obviously perfectly matched to me. No, strike that...he once said this while crying "my mommy told me I had to be a big boy when I went to college." I asked the college to find me another room after that incident.
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink the first time you got drunk? I don't know for sure but I think it was bourbon.
4. What was your first job? I worked for a little company that did inventory of liquor stores. I never got to count the liquor but I was great on the beer nuts and swizzle sticks.
5. What was your first car? It was a turquoise 1967 Ford Galaxy 500. It was quick, it had a 390 horsepower engine. I loved that car...we called it the Peacemobile. Ah, the 60"s.
6. When did you go to your first funeral? My grandpa. Funerals suck.
7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown? It had to be when I left EGV for college. It was scary because I didn't know anyone there but it became my new "home" pretty quickly.
8. Who was your first grade teacher? ? I think her name was Sister Terese.
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? I flew to St. Louis from Milwaukee and then on to Dallas. I was a junior in college.
10. When did you sneak out of your house for the first time, who was it with? I never did.
11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them? I think Dan Martin and yes we still keep in touch.
12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents’ house? I lived in a dorm at college. My room was known as the club 402 so my room number will never fade from my memory. The name of the dorm is gone from my brain.
13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? ? I try not to have bad days. My best friend and partner Michelle is usually helpful with that.
14. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid/groomsman? My uncle Mickey's. I was about 15 or so. I stood up with one of the bride's sisters. Her husband threatened me and told me not to try anything with his wife. I was hopelessly hetero at this point in my life but my honest response to him had he not been a huge neanderthal of a guy that might hurt me would have been..."you are kidding aren't you?"
15. What is the first thing you do in the morning? Make coffee.
16. What was the first concert you ever went to? It was R.E.O. Speedwagon and Styx at my high school.
17. First tattoo or piercing? No
18. First celebrity crush? Candace Bergen...I still think she's an attractive package.
19. Age of first kiss? The first one that I want to remember was when I was in 6th grade. Amy....I liked it. The next time I went to confession I confessed it to the priest. He asked me if I did anything else and I had no clue what he was asking.
20. First crush? Gigi in first grade. We moved away when I was in 3rd grade but her family moved to EGV when I was a senior in high school so I got to know her again. That was pretty cool.
21. First time you did drugs? I went to college in the early 70's. Pot was a given and it was relatively cheap. Never messed with anything else recreationally.

1 comment:

manogirl said...

The Peacemobile? Oh, the things you can learn about your dad if he does memes!

(Also, we love the first kiss story!)